Please enable JavaScript
Email Marketing Services by Benchmark
TrainerTiff: Are Our Taste Buds Spolied? >

Thursday, February 5, 2009

Are Our Taste Buds Spolied?

What I mean by that question is, are we so inclined to choose foods that only taste good that we are sabotaging our ability to be fit and healthy?

I can't tell you how many times I've talked to people about opting for more healthy foods just to hear them balk at the mere mention of certain foods. Saying things like "I just don't like that," "it has no flavor," or "it tastes like paper." Well, to that, I say, so what!

Everything we put into our mouths can't be the most delicious thing ever. We have to stop eating for pleasure. When taste becomes more important than health, we have a problem. That's when the fat creeps up and settles onto our bodies. And I don't think any of us want that. I sure don't.

Take me for example, I don't particularly enjoy the taste of oatmeal. However, I find a way to eat it almost every single morning. And sure, white rice tastes a lot better than brown, but is that little taste difference really all that important? And to be honest, I don't really like strawberries. But, if I'm going to have fruit, I usually choose them because they are low in sugar.
So, here is my challenge to you. Give those foods that you don't necessarily like another chance. C'mon, just try it. This time, try them with a new, more positive attitude. Find a way to incorporate more, maybe not so tasty foods into your diet and just see what happens. What's to lose, a few pounds maybe? I'd take that challenge any day. Game on!

No comments: