Please enable JavaScript
Email Marketing Services by Benchmark
TrainerTiff: Recipe: Fish Tacos >

Thursday, March 19, 2009

Recipe: Fish Tacos

The other day I had a craving for some tacos. Normally, if I want some delicious tacos, I'll stop by El Rancho, one of my favorite local places to go for Mexican food. But, because I'm still trying to get ready for my cruise, I knew it was not an option. Instead, I made my own tacos with a twist. Fish Tacos.

The recipe below is more health conscious because I trade corn or white flour tortillas for whole wheat low carb tortillas. The tortillas I use have 7g of carbs and only 60 calories per tortilla, which is excellent! You can find these at any grocery store, you just need to read the nutrition facts until you find a brand that works. I like Mama Lupe's brand. I trade regular sour cream for light. I use a small amount of cheese and lots of salsa and lettuce which have almost no calories.

Ingredients:

1 tilapia fillet

Old Bay seasoning

1/4 cup monterrey jack cheese

2 tbs salsa

1/2 cup shredded lettuce

2 whole wheat tortillas

1 tbs light sour cream

Pam cooking spray

Season thawed tilapia fillet. Cook in a non-stick pan coated with Pam cooking spray on medium heat. Cook for approximately 3-4 minutes on both sides. Set aside. Microwave tortillas for 10 seconds to warm slightly. Prepare tacos by chopping fish into small pieces and lining center of tortillas. Top with cheese, sour cream, salsa and lettuce.

Approximate nutrition facts:

Serving size: 2 tacos

Calories: 340; Carbs: 17 g; Fat: 9g; Protein: 36g



*Photo from foodnetwork.com

No comments: