Please enable JavaScript
Email Marketing Services by Benchmark
TrainerTiff: Recipe: Spinach Salad with Raspberry Vinaigrette >

Monday, February 20, 2012

Recipe: Spinach Salad with Raspberry Vinaigrette


I'm a huge fan of salads. I swear, some days I think I could eat one for breakfast, lunch and dinner. I'm always experimenting with different ingredients to blend different flavors to keep things interesting.


It's often thought that salads are diet food and you can't possibly get full by eating a salad -- but quite the contrary. Unlike most other foods, you can eat huge amounts of lettuce and vegetables with almost no effect on weight gain.

Because salads are so simple, it's important to use fresh and high quality ingredients for the best taste. I came across this Lucini brand of extra virgin olive oil and love its rich taste. It's also first cold pressed, which means it's less processed than other oils and is a better quality.


This spinach salad is one of my favorites. I like the tanginess from the blue cheese against the sweetness of the raisins, all brought together with a homemade raspberry vinaigrette (which I recently put the finishing touches on). Check it out.

Ingredients:
2-3 handfuls organic spinach
1-2 tbsp blue cheese crumbles
1-2 tbsp raisins
5-6 cherry tomatoes, cut in half

Raspberry vinaigrette ingredients (yields about 3-4 servings):
3/4 cup raspberries (fresh or thawed frozen)
6 tbsp extra virgin olive oil (first cold press)
1/2 tsp Himalayan salt
1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
1 tsp honey
1/4 tsp Italian seasoning
1/4 cup water

Mix all dressing ingredients in a blender and pulse until smooth. To assemble, place spinach on plate, drizzle a couple spoonfuls dressing onto spinach. Top salad with tomatoes, blue cheese and raisins.

Enjoy!

No comments: