Please enable JavaScript
Email Marketing Services by Benchmark
TrainerTiff: Random Day Food Journal >

Saturday, February 11, 2012

Random Day Food Journal

One of the most common questions I get is, "what do you eat?" I decided to share my food choices from yesterday, Friday, February 10. Check it out.

Meal 1: 9:00 am

For breakfast, I juiced. I tried a couple of different combinations. One was orange and pineapple, which is pretty delicious. The other was a blend of carrot, apple, celery and some of the pineapple orange. The second was alright -- celery has a pretty strong flavor. But, I always feel refreshed after having freshly juiced juice, so I was happy.


Oh, and I also nibbled on some of the raisins and pineapples my twins were having. 

Meal 2: 11:45 am

1 cup old fashioned oatmeal with a spoonful of brown sugar, cinnamon and butter. 


Meal 3: 3:00 pm

Large salad with flaxseeds, cucumbers, red peppers,  tomatoes, blue cheese, cheddar/monterey jack cheese, avocado, red onion and ranch.


Ranch trick: I typically opt for homemade vinaigrettes, but I like ranch from time to time. I like to dilute the bottle with water and apple cider vinegar so I get more dressing with fewer calories. 

Treat: 4:30 pm

While out and about, I stopped at Starbucks and got some coffee. I got a short regular coffee with three sugars, light cream and whip.


My Starbucks trick: I hardly ever get the mixed drinks. Instead I get regular coffee and doctor it up a little. This way I save a ton of calories and still get to have a treat. 

Meal 4: 6:30 pm

Green smoothie

I was out running errands. I made a stop at the house, picked up the smoothie and kept it moving. 

Meal 5: 9:30

Baked hoisin chicken leg (skin removed), green beans and tomatoes sauted in olive oil.

Dessert: 10:00 pm

Glass of red wine and dark chocolate. I almost ate the whole bar, but managed to leave some a few pieces. I curled up on the couch and fired up Netflix, watched an 80s classic, the movie Big and relaxed!


There it is, my meals for the day. Have a great weekend!

Tiff 

No comments: