Please enable JavaScript
Email Marketing Services by Benchmark
TrainerTiff: Kale and Sun-dried Tomatoes Pasta Salad >

Monday, April 15, 2013

Kale and Sun-dried Tomatoes Pasta Salad


Ever since I gave up eating meat with starchy carbs, I've found that being creative in the kitchen is necessary. I usually get a taste for something (or request) and start thinking about what ingredients I can add to it to make it interesting. That's exactly what happened here.

Hubby wanted me to include a noodle dish in our week's lunch menu. I was kind of tired of some of my usual dishes. I love my tomato basil pasta dish, but like with anything, too much, too often can leave you feeling like a break is needed. So I started thinking about what flavors would go well together and created this dish.

It's really easy to make. The dressing on here is just a light coating. If you'd like more, just double up on the dressing ingredients. Check it out.



Ingredients:

6 oz whole wheat penne pasta
4-5 cups kale
1/2 avocado
2 tbsp basil pesto
3 tablespoons vegan mayo (I prefer soy-free Vegenaise)
1/4 cup sun-dried tomatoes
1/2 cup artichokes from a jar

Directions: cook pasta according to directions. In meantime, saute kale lightly in a skillet with olive oil for 2-3 minutes. After pasta has cooked, drain in colander. In a food processor, make the dressing by adding the avocado, basil pesto and mayo. Pulse for a few seconds until smooth. In a large mixing bowl, add the pasta, dressing, sun-dried tomatoes and artichokes (cut down large pieces). Mix well. Best served chilled.

Enjoy!

No comments: