Please enable JavaScript
Email Marketing Services by Benchmark
TrainerTiff: I Tried It: Coconut Milk Ice Cream >

Thursday, September 29, 2011

I Tried It: Coconut Milk Ice Cream

My new eating habits of reduced meat, gluten and dairy have been leaving me feeling a little like I'm missing out. Well, not really, but I do miss ice cream.

Well, I did, anyway. Then I discovered coconut milk ice cream.

Now, I know this is not new to a lot of people out there. But it's new to me, and, as someone who has recently started to give up dairy, I'm thrilled.

I tried So Delicious's chocolate peanut butter swirl. At first, I was a little hesitant. I can be a little pessimistic when it comes to trying new things. But, I managed to keep an open mind and dove in.

I first noticed that after sitting in freezer for hours, it wasn't rock hard like most ice cream. It spooned into my bowl with ease, which was kind of nice. I hate ice creams that are so hard,  that you feel like you're going to break the spoon just to get one lousy spoonful.

The first taste was a delight to my tongue. It was really good. In fact, there wasn't much difference in taste from regular ice cream made from cow's milk. It was lighter and a bit fluffier in texture and in taste. Almost like mousse.

I'm sold. I can eat coconut milk ice cream from now on.


The nutrition facts are similar to regular ice cream. No surprise there. But, it's dairy free and an added bonus is it's also gluten and soy free.

Still, don't let that deceive you -- it's still a treat. And this won't be getting consumed on a regular basis. Not by me. But when I'm jonesing for a tasty, frozen treat, I know exactly what I'm getting!

1 comment:

Tiffany Harper said...

Ooh good to know. I love ice cream...but I have been interested in trying the Coconut Milk variety. Thanks!