Please enable JavaScript
Email Marketing Services by Benchmark
TrainerTiff: Quest Protein Chips Review >

Thursday, April 9, 2015

Quest Protein Chips Review


When it comes to new health food products, I'm a bit of a skeptic. I tend to raise my eyebrow, and wonder, "what's the catch?"

The possibilities of how I will have been duped take over my mind -- "It must taste awful." "OK, it's high in protein, but watch, it'll have loads of fat, carbs or whatever." "Oh wait, I know, it's full of sugar." "Yup, that's it. Gotcha!"

Enter Quest Protein Chips.

I first saw them on the Today Show with a bunch of other new fitness products on the market, about eight months ago. I made a mental note to try them -- but of course no rush, because you know, there's inevitably something going to be wrong with them.

Well, I finally got around to trying them this week. And only because they were right front of me on a display case situated next to the kids club at my gym. And because I drop my kids off there so I can go workout, I was going to bump right into them. (Good marketing there. Target those parents -- because what mom or dad doesn't want to reach for a bag of chips while dealing with the stresses of parenthood? Right?)

To my surprise, they weren't bad. I got the BBQ flavored, but there were also sour cream & onion, sea salt, cheddar & sour cream, and salt & vinegar. Each bag is 120 calories, has 5 grams of carbs and 21 grams of protein. Can you believe that? Let me repeat. 5 grams of carbs, and 21 grams of protein.

Amazing.



I will say, they aren't delicious. But they aren't bad either. They're kind of tasty if you stop thinking about what real potato chips taste like. They are definitely a better alternative to a regular bag of chips that has zero protein and 20-30 grams of carbs.

The one downside is the cost. For a small bag, they were $2.99. That's not a price I will pay very often. But if I'm feeling a craving for salty chips that won't destroy my diet, I certainly will hand over three bucks.

Overall impression: thumbs up. Good job Quest. Good job.

If you'd like to check out my video version of this review, click below. Go ahead and be entertained by my not-so-good-but-who-cares dance moves.

No comments: