Please enable JavaScript
Email Marketing Services by Benchmark
TrainerTiff: Recipe: Grilled Veggies and Chicken Sausage Lazy Omelette >

Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Recipe: Grilled Veggies and Chicken Sausage Lazy Omelette


When it comes to making omelettes, I love it when I can perfectly form them. But since that rarely happens, I don't even worry about it. Enter, my lazy omelette -- a bit of an omelette and a bit of a scramble. And perfectly delicious.

We had some Labor Day leftovers which was the inspiration for this recipe. I had grilled some veggies in my veggie grill tray as mentioned here. I used a mix of  sliced red bell pepper, orange bell pepper, red onion, zucchini and yellow squash. All were tossed with olive oil, kosher salt and cracked black pepper before grilling. Let me tell you, they tasted so good.

For the next day, I decided to throw them into an omelette with a few other ingredients, and seriously, I think this is the most tasty omelette I've ever made!

Check it out.


Ingredients:

2 eggs
2-3 tbsp milk of choice
1/3 of one sun-dried tomato chicken sausage, sliced and sauteed (I used Aidells)
handful of grilled veggies
1 slice provolone cheese
handful of fresh baby arugula
non-stick olive oil spray

Directions:
In a bowl, beat eggs and add milk. Heat skillet to medium heat and coat pan generously with cooking spray. Add egg mixture, chicken sausage, veggies and cheese. Let set until edges appear firm (about a minute). Then take a spatula and gently flip sections. Let set for about another minute, then put on plate. Top with arugula.

Enjoy!

No comments: