Please enable JavaScript
Email Marketing Services by Benchmark
TrainerTiff: Photo Blog of My Recent Trip to Europe >

Monday, March 25, 2013

Photo Blog of My Recent Trip to Europe

 
Sometimes we all need a little relaxation time and a chance to get away. I'm so happy that I got a chance to do just that with my hubby, and in all places -- Europe! We were mainly in London, but did spend a day in Paris. We figured since we were so close to France, why not do a day trip there. I truly enjoyed my vacation and can't wait to go back. I thought I'd take a short break from my usual health and fitness posts and share some of my trip photos with you. The pictures start in London and end in Paris.

I made sure I worked out while on vacation. I know a lot of people like to skip the gym while away, but for me, I enjoy it. Traveling can be a bit stressful and getting in a good workout is a great way to de-stress and relax. I was thrown off a bit though with the weights being in kilograms -- but I managed.

One of the best parts of the trip was seeing Stonehenge. It was absolutely amazing to see these stones in real life that have been around for 3,000 years.

After riding around in taxis a lot, we finally ventured onto London's subway, the Tube or Underground. Surprisingly, the connections were really easy to navigate. It helped that the lines had cute names like, Piccadilly and Bakerloo. 



We found this nice Turkish restaurant called Ozer. Our spread included dolmades, lamb and falafels. Oh and a little red wine.

Big Ben


Street shot in London. 

To get to Paris, we traveled through the Chunnel on the Eurostar. After about 2.5 hours and going under the English Channel, we were in Paris. It was nice to see some of the French countryside. 

Surprise. Surprise. In Paris you have to pay a fee to use the public restrooms. I usually don't like having change on me, but I here I made sure to have bathroom change readily available.

Street shot in Paris.

The Louvre.

The Arc de Triomphe is massive.


 And to end our day trip in Paris, a little escargot at this cute traditional French restaurant called Terminus Nord. I had a great time! C'est la vie!


No comments: