Please enable JavaScript
Email Marketing Services by Benchmark
TrainerTiff: Food Journal: Take a Peek at What I Eat >

Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Food Journal: Take a Peek at What I Eat


This drink is cleansing and a great way to flush the system to start the day.
Grapefruit is light and full of vitamins and minerals. It also contains the antioxidant
lycopene. And under the rind is the compound, naringin -- which helps regulate insulin. 
Whole wheat pasta doesn't spike blood glucose levels like white pasta.
No meat here. I avoid pairing meats with starchy carbs to allow for better digestion
If you're focusing on losing bodyfat, protein smoothies are a good supplement to ensure you're getting
adequate protein in your diet. 
I do enjoy a trip to Starbucks every now and then. But instead of getting large lattes or other mixed drinks,
I opt for a tall (sometimes a short) regular coffee.
I do add sugar and cream. And sometimes I have them top it with whipped cream.
This way I get a little treat without all the extra that comes with the typical mixed drinks.

Nuts are a great snack option. They are good source of essential fatty acids, protein and fiber.

When I have turkey burgers, I avoid the bun as it's a bad food pairing. I like to experiment with flavors to make them tasty -- this one has jalapenos mixed in. And since I avoid starchy carbs with meat, that presents a problem for finding a binding agent for the burgers. Instead of using the typical breadcrumbs, I use almond meal -- you can't even taste it and it works perfectly.
My meals change depending on what I'm focusing on. Whether it be adding muscle, leaning out or maintenance -- all goals require a different approach to diet. Right now I'm working toward leaning out a tad. Every so often, I slack off a little (yes, I do too) and need to refocus my efforts. I never let things get too far off track -- I check my bodyfat percentage often to keep an eye on things. The meals reflected here are what I consider to be a pretty good day -- eating every few hours, food pairings were good and I avoided starchy carbs at night. And at the end of the night when I was dog tired from chasing my twins around all day, I went to the gym at 10 p.m. to get in some cardio. Not to toot my own horn ... but, toot toot

2 comments:

Yum Yucky said...

My family has revolted against turkey burgers, but I absolutely love them. At this point, packing it up for lunch (instead of dinner) is the only way I could eat it in peace without getting eyes rolled at me. Thanks for sharing your meals!

TrainerTiff said...

I like a burger every now and again, but I just can't do ground beef anymore. Turkey burgers are a great alternative for me. Glad you like them too!