Please enable JavaScript
Email Marketing Services by Benchmark
TrainerTiff: Today's Workout: Saturday, July 21 >

Saturday, July 21, 2012

Today's Workout: Saturday, July 21



I had a great workout today, so I thought I'd share. I've recently changed my workout split from select body parts each day to total body workouts. I always encourage changing your workout routine entirely, at least every 4-6 weeks. Otherwise, your body adjusts to the work load and it will no longer be challenging, which slows results. 


Here's what I did today:


20 min cardio: speed intervals on the StairMaster
Pull-ups
*one minute sprint on treadmill*
One arm dumbbell rows
*one minute sprint on treadmill*
Bench knee-ups (abs)
*one minute sprint on treadmill*
Straight-legged deadlifts
*one minute sprint on treadmill*
Front squats with overhead press
*one minute sprint on treadmill*
Step-ups with dumbbell curl
*one minute sprint on treadmill*
Swiss ball crunches
*one minute sprint on treadmill*
One-legged elevated lunges
*one minute sprint on treadmill*
Roman chair knee-ups (abs)

Then I followed up with total body stretching and a little yoga.


When I got home I made a pina colada protein shake inspired by a recipe I saw in the August 2012 Oxygen Magazine. I used almond milk, fresh pineapple, shredded coconut, vanilla protein powder and ice.


Have a great weekend!

3 comments:

Angelique said...

Nice! I did my lil chest, tricep, bicep workout today with mountain climbers, planks in between. Making sure my arms are strong for that 10-lap swim. Thanks for sharing routine.

Angelique said...

Nice! I did my lil chest, tricep, bicep workout today with mountain climbers, planks in between. Making sure my arms are strong for that 10-lap swim. Thanks for sharing routine.

TrainerTiff said...

Sounds like you're getting after it Angelique, nice!!