Please enable JavaScript
Email Marketing Services by Benchmark
TrainerTiff: 31 Days of Weight Loss Tips: Day 10 Read and Watch >

Tuesday, January 10, 2012

31 Days of Weight Loss Tips: Day 10 Read and Watch

Photo by Horia Varlan on Flickr
I absolutely love learning about nutrition and the food we eat which is why I'm such a junkie for documentaries and books on nutrition. How food works in the body is fascinating and having an understanding of it will increase your chances of changing to a healthy lifestyle for the long-term.

There are some documentaries that I've watched and books that I've read that have been really eye-opening and have influenced my approach to nutrition. I wanted to share some of them with you. I've complied a list and added a short tid bit on what each is about or what I took away from each. Check it out.

DOCUMENTARIES

Food Inc.
The food industry

Forks Over Knives
Processed foods

National Geographic's Incredible Human Machine
How our systems function

Fat, Sick & Nearly Dead
Juicing for health and weight loss

Foodmatters
Foods that hurt and help our health

King Corn
The corn industry

Supersize Me
Being overfed and undernourished

BOOKS

The Beauty Detox Solution by Kimberly Snyder
Great introduction to food combining 

Fit for Life by Harvey and Marilyn Diamond
Benefits of vegetarian based diet

The Low GI Handbook (various authors)
Great breakdown of how the body handles carbohydrates

No comments: